TWINSHOCK-CHAIRS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

south hants see`s sense

+9
adam
Twinshock 10
stevebaughan
doogle
olive114
marcsnorton
Dave Tye
sidekick39ish
Linda L
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

south hants see`s sense - Page 2 Empty Re: south hants see`s sense

Post  sidekick39ish Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:14 am

Two very good points boys.
but the other point you have to remember is most AMCA clubs are limited to either 18 or 20 max on the line. And they are not prepared to run another race. (mortimer 75th was a one off) so who would get a ride. ???? it would push alot of big twins back in the shed . people will not bother traveling just to be 1st or 5th reserve in the hope of a big crash. will the evo`s be the reserves, they are the new boys. ???? HOW WILL IT WORK. It will be up to the clubs at the end of the day, not us poor drivers/passengers.
south hants see`s sense - Page 2 124236
sidekick39ish
sidekick39ish
Admin

http://twinshock-chairs.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Tye Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:33 pm

Loads of ideas here...

If bikes are to run in the same race with multiple classes you can't exclude people just because they are "The New Boys", so I guess it would need to be first come first served?

I still think in most cases that if interest could be genereated then a different class may be the answer. Where and how this could fit in to a racing schedule I do not know, could any organisers shed light on if this would be possible or achievable?

As said before on other locations on this forum, perhaps approaching clubs running "Evo" solo classes would be an idea?

I think if done properly this would not impact the existing twin shock movement at all, but might help the whole of sidecarcross greatly?

From my point of view I think an Evo class may be possible to start up. With the start of any of these things one of the toughest issues is getting enough rides to keep riders interested until there is a good following and therefore interest in running meetings. With Evo that may be less of an issues as riders who try it and like it and wish to ride more regually than there are meetings at the start could take part in some modern events or even run alongside at some too? (Southern Centre Champs, other local meetings if short on entries?) with less of a disadvantage than Pre84 teams. Some Pre84 clubs may also consider allowing Evo's in if short on entries too (Although I understand this is rare? Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Laughing ).

Could be a good cheaper alternative to get people in to the sport too? Good intro for people who want to give it a go without the larger outlay of the modern or Pre84 classes?

I think it needs one identified person to take this up and move it forward...

Cheers

Dave
Dave Tye
Dave Tye

http://www.davetye.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Twinshock 10 Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:51 pm

Has the moderator been removing some opinions ??!!!
Twinshock 10
Twinshock 10

Back to top Go down

Post  sidekick39ish Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:14 pm

NOO WHY. the moderators been out working. south hants see`s sense - Page 2 911905
whats missing then ???. try keeping up with things kp.
sidekick39ish
sidekick39ish
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sidecar_passenger Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:30 pm

Got to agree with steve here We have been looking at getting a twinshock for a while now and make a bit of a come back just for the fun of it BUT!!!!! having read this thread am totally confused as to what you can and can not ride .maybe its best just to stay blissfully retired and save the knees
sidecar_passenger
sidecar_passenger

Back to top Go down

Post  Leigh Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:37 pm

To be honest me and dad werent alowed to ride our EML Zabel with the twinshocks, as it is not eligible and were told if we wanted to race with them we had to get an eligible bike ie. pre 84 twinshock, fourstroke, air-cooled. I think that rule should be enforced across the board. If they can do it in wales so can everyone else. A 2 stroke air cooled was allowed if it was pre 74.

Andy + Leigh Carter

Leigh

Back to top Go down

Post  doogle Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:33 pm

Just got to find an H2 750 now. Got photographic evidence of one in 1972. Shame a complete shed of one goes for around £2500-£3000.
doogle
doogle

Back to top Go down

Post  olive114 Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:09 pm

Yep,Pre 65 club is twinshock,fourstroke,aircooled pre85.x
olive114
olive114

Back to top Go down

Post  sidecargezzer Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:14 pm

doogle wrote:Just got to find an H2 750 now. Got photographic evidence of one in 1972. Shame a complete shed of one goes for around £2500-£3000.

ahhh yes there were many around years ago, I have one in a 84 EML, unfinished there is two or 3 H2 Wasp's hanging around here in the USA, one is in rough shape but could be had for a fair price I would bet! What a Face
sidecargezzer
sidecargezzer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Tye Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:49 pm

sidecargezzer wrote:
doogle wrote:Just got to find an H2 750 now. Got photographic evidence of one in 1972. Shame a complete shed of one goes for around £2500-£3000.

ahhh yes there were many around years ago, I have one in a 84 EML, unfinished there is two or 3 H2 Wasp's hanging around here in the USA, one is in rough shape but could be had for a fair price I would bet! What a Face

Whats the shipping on one of those to this side of the water?

Cheers

Dave
Dave Tye
Dave Tye

http://www.davetye.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sidecargezzer Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:07 pm

Dave Tye wrote:
sidecargezzer wrote:

Whats the shipping on one of those to this side of the water?

Cheers

Dave
Dave, I am not sure but an e mail to Al Wenzel could get the answer wenzelal@aol.com
So when are you coming back over to the states for a visit? I think the last time you rode a pile of crap Kawi at an event over here?

Dave, got an update from Al last night, said to ship one over would be in the $800 to 900 dollar range, would be his guess. That would be a reverse roll thing! we are usually shipping them over here from the UK.

Last edited by sidecargezzer on Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
sidecargezzer
sidecargezzer

Back to top Go down

Post  sidekick39ish Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:52 pm

ON BEHALF OF : Gary "Pop" Gould
I Sold My Wasp Left Hander With An H2 In It Years Ago, And At 64 I Would Buzz It In A Heart Beat. With A Quarter Throttle It Was Either ON Or OFF. I Can Still Feel It. Pop
sidekick39ish
sidekick39ish
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sidecargezzer Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:09 pm

The Swedish teams were big on the Kawi's, there are two of the orignal SWD bikes here someplace.
One was seen in Livermore Ca. a number of years ago for sale. Thing was sold to guy who was going to use it as a play bike! bet he got a new understanding of OH SHIT!, I have been looking for it for some time, no luck so far.
Most likely in the back of some garage rusting away with a skull and crossbones on it.
sidecargezzer
sidecargezzer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2