TWINSHOCK-CHAIRS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

south hants see`s sense

+9
adam
Twinshock 10
stevebaughan
doogle
olive114
marcsnorton
Dave Tye
sidekick39ish
Linda L
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

south hants see`s sense Empty south hants see`s sense

Post  Linda L Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:25 pm

Seems the South Hants club have there heads screwed on. An entry for the Bill Turner was returned, due to the driver entering a lightweight watercooled jumbo single shock outfit. Perhaps clubs are listening to the majority. south hants see`s sense 304147
Linda L
Linda L

Back to top Go down

south hants see`s sense Empty Re: south hants see`s sense

Post  sidekick39ish Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:23 pm

You were given duff info mate, the machine in question was out racing in the pre84 twinshock class. just makes a mockery of the rules, but thats racing.
south hants see`s sense 858327
To top that. The Bill Turner was won by a ROTAX. gone are the days of the Norton and Weslake. lol!

Last edited by sidekick39ish on Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
sidekick39ish
sidekick39ish
Admin

http://twinshock-chairs.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Tye Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:32 pm

Hi Folks,

The information was not Duff, the entry was returned and the rider asked to ride in the modern class instead. The problem being the rider in question had no passenger for the modern class as he was already riding with someone else in those races.

The pre85 class was over subscribbed with at least 4 crews being given the option to ride in the modern class instead, however, on the day several crews failed to show up or notify the club, leaving the Pre85 line up with gaps.

For that reason the club relented and let said machine out in the pre85 class rather then see someone miss out on a ride. (Rider was only notified of the switch of class the week before the meeting so was unable to make alternative arrangements). I also have to be fair and say that the persons on said Jumbo appeared to be exceptionally polite in their overtaking manovers of slower teams and appeared to try to avoid any unpleasent contact or cutting up of slower crews.

And lets be honest, there was some bloody good racing, even if one bike was not twin-shock...

Cheers

Dave
Dave Tye
Dave Tye

http://www.davetye.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sidekick39ish Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:43 pm

so i take it, It had nothing to do with the said jumbo drivers dad, kicking off in the signing on hut then. ????????????????????????????????? and the club caving in on there earlier stanse of refusing his entry in the pre 84`s.
south hants see`s sense 102835

Last edited by sidekick39ish on Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
sidekick39ish
sidekick39ish
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  marcsnorton Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:05 pm

is it me or is that bike a mono shock should not be out with twins full stop !!!!!!

marcsnorton

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Tye Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:48 pm

Afternoon again,

How the fact that there were passenger issues with two bikes being in the same class with the same passenger was explained to the organiseers I have no idea ( but I can guess! :-S). I can see it getting pretty heated given the spaces in the Pre85 Class and the fact the bike has been allowed in other pre85 classes earlier in the season (and that event last year). And the inclusion of the occasional quite modern rotax... Probably best not to get in to accusations of riders converting modern Wasp "lightweight" frames to twinshock and gaining advatages that way etc as there is another whole debate on what is "fair" or eligable on this forum already...

Point is, the racing was good... No, it shouldn't have been out there, it is undoubtedly monoshock, but as discussed previously where else can you ride a bike of that era? it is not really compatible with the modern class either.

The organisers took the decision to allow them to ride (at gun point or not... and it was their decisions to make), they did and it gave some very good racing without being dangerous to others (although that second race roll over was pretty spectacular!) and gave Mr Wilkinson some good competition.

If we want to stop things like this in the future then all organisers of Pre85 sidecar events need to draw up a universal list of what is elidgeable and stick to it accross the board, not with the odd exception here or there.

Given problems with our Wasp/Wasp there was a chance Al and I would have been out there on aformentioned Jumbo at the weekend rather than the team concerned. I am pretty certain if we had been trundling around mid (read that back of, but feeling optimistic) pack there wouldn't be half so much fuss. (Just my opinion).

Was a great days racing for the Pre85s though and did the sport a lot of good... great battles thoughout and well done to all who took part... Was gutted to have to sit out and watch with a broken clutch! :-( (Still sulking now!!)

All the best

Dave
Dave Tye
Dave Tye

Back to top Go down

Post  marcsnorton Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:22 pm

thought these meetings were for pre 84 twinshocks not 85 theres no way thats an 84 it would be air cooled for a start and to be quite honest i dont care who rides it , it aint cricket ol chap and by all accounts his overtaking gets a bit physical think he should ride against willemsen

marcsnorton

Back to top Go down

Post  sidekick39ish Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:29 pm

yes , your right marc, have corrected it to pre 84. but makes no odds, 84 or 85, its still a single shock lightweight twostroke. south hants see`s sense 102835
sidekick39ish
sidekick39ish
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  olive114 Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:41 pm

This is sounding a bit like handbags at dawn!!Rules are rules though guess organisers can change them to suit,someone will always have a moan.x
olive114
olive114

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Tye Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:25 pm

Ahhh... details make the difference... Pre 84 it is then and I apologise for any offence caused. ;-) (OK, my humour is a little warped at times, so please don't take offence).

Guess that kinda puts Al and I in trouble too as our Wasp/Wasp is an 84 we think... :-S (Sorry, being silly now, but enforce things to the letter and thats where we could end up so be careful what you wish for!) - I know the Jumbo is inelidgible for the class, I just enjoyed the racing yesterday and it was nice to see Rob not have it all his own way. Close exciting racing is what gets people in the gate and helps promote the sport.

Regarding the driver of said Jumbo, I am sure he will be racing at GP level very soon and I for one wish him good luck. I would also love to see him out in the pre84 class on a twinshock too. Don't really see how that could be held against him given the presence of other current GP riders in the class at the weekend.

As for the handbags at dawn, yes it was me walking through the paddock with 3 evening dresses on coat hangers on Sunday morning, but I swear there was a good reason!!!!! (Honest)

I fully agree the bike is not the right age or technology for the class, but as I keep saying we need to get a standard set and stick to it. All organisers together. We can't keep complaining about it and making no constructive effort to change it ourselves and having no consitancy between clubs. Lets face it, this question has been brought up at each meeting said Jumbo has appeared at this year (with the exception of Belgium), personally I have no issue with it but if there is a rules issue here lets get it sorted and get on with enjoying the racing rather than a sport which we do for fun causing so much angst.

Cheers guys

Dave
Dave Tye
Dave Tye

Back to top Go down

Post  sidekick39ish Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:27 pm

Yup, have to say it, You are right ali, we can all have a moan (me included) but it`s up to the organising club. They will have the last say,
right or wrong and we have to except that. south hants see`s sense 911905
sidekick39ish
sidekick39ish
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  doogle Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:39 pm

Hmmm. There were passengers queing up for a ride on sidecarcross.com....... bounce

The other GP rider had three distinct disadvantages by the way:
1) A broken collar bone
south hants see`s sense 684562
2)A belly full of best Hampshire ale the night before Sleep
3) Me...... affraid
doogle
doogle

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Tye Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:51 pm

Hi Doogle,

Yep, your right, he even signed one up... then lent him out to Mr Blackman for the day so he could ride.

Know what you are saying about Scott, but the collar bone didn't look to slow him up that much. Fair play to the boy for going out and giving it a go... You were looking very tidy on the side mate, was most impressed.

As for the Ale, I thought that was a requirement for twin-shock racing?? I have been on a special Ale training routine for months now... If the ale drinking the night before isn't actually needed thats fine, but can no one tell Mel? ;-)

Good to see you out there Doug, hope to catch you at a few next season.

Cheers

Dave
Dave Tye
Dave Tye

Back to top Go down

Post  olive114 Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:05 pm

You need plenty of ale and a squeaky toast-a-matic to for the midnight munchies(marmite optional).x
olive114
olive114

Back to top Go down

south hants see`s sense Empty South Hants aee sense.

Post  stevebaughan Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:09 am

If it is just a mono thing does Paul Harkers mono not count?. If it is a pre 84 thing does that mean newly built Wasp chairs are out?. And shuold all bikes be as pre 84 i.e. no latest Reiger shocks?. Oh and is it ok to convert mono chassis to twin shock?. Just asking as i am comming back to the fold and just want to know what i am getting into. It seems to me a little bitchy, maybe i should stay on the light side.

stevebaughan

Back to top Go down

Post  Twinshock 10 Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:14 am

Let's just ban all fat bastards, beardy twats,idle builders,car salesman or mechanics,motorbike repairers and sponging students. That should just leave a couple of nippers to zap round alone on their two-stroke twin !
Love you all
KP

Last edited by Twinshock 10 on Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Twinshock 10
Twinshock 10

Back to top Go down

Post  doogle Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:39 pm

I don't think it's bitchiness Stevey B, just a concern it's going to turn into a free for all. Good to see you back where you belong Sunday mate.
doogle
doogle

Back to top Go down

Post  adam Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:09 pm

Twinshock 10 wrote:Let's just ban all fat bastards, beardy twats,idle builders,car salesman or mechanics,motorbike repairers and sponging students. That should just leave a couple of nippers to zap round alone on their two-stroke twin !
Love you all
KP

Jesus christ brother Pattison i would be banned on three counts!!!! to right about the students though!!! love you
adam
adam

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Tye Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:53 pm

Twinshock 10 wrote:Let's just ban all fat bastards, beardy twats,idle builders,car salesman or mechanics,motorbike repairers and sponging students. That should just leave a couple of nippers to zap round alone on their two-stroke twin !
Love you all
KP

Blimey... rules like that and I am on for a top 10! :-)

Dave
Dave Tye
Dave Tye

Back to top Go down

Post  olive114 Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:33 pm

That is a hefty ban,recon Sue and I should have a go to keep David company or will it be a female ban to?x ps. How are you KP?x
olive114
olive114

Back to top Go down

Post  Twinshock 10 Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:11 am

Hi Alison
Thanks for pointing out that we should also ban the girls-too bloody good for one thing!
I'm pretty well considering. Thanks for asking.
Probably shouldn't have ridden last Sunday so I'm quitting for the year now.
I'll see you about early next year. Have a good ride in November
Merry Xmas
KP
xx
Twinshock 10
Twinshock 10

Back to top Go down

Post  marcsnorton Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:47 pm

does your ban include hairy arse plumbers whose dad does all the spanners?

marcsnorton

Back to top Go down

Post  olive114 Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:07 pm

Most definately!!! No schoolboy dads no matter how old the "boy" is and as for the hairy bit well a girl passenger need something to look at now and again!!x(this is getting silly-should ban it)x
olive114
olive114

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil G Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:52 pm

A difficult decision for all the clubs concerned me thinks! The lightweights do have an advantage against the big twins. But we have to look at sidecar racing as a whole. It is great to have a good number of chairs on the line. more the merrier i reckon & good for the sport (generally) but there are alot of people out there with older lightweight/twostroke/mono shock sidecars and nowhere to ride them, they are just rotting! In the prescent fianancial climate money is very important to most of us, some guys just connot afford to run totally modern chairs. and pre 84 can be pricy if you get a major machanical! May be we should be looking to getting a separate class for these bikes which could race with the pre 84's but a diffirent championship. This may enable younger/ older(not agest) riders to go racing with not a huge budget. Good overall for the sport, good racing, but (hopefully) not carnage! Just a thought! south hants see`s sense Icon_biggrin

Phil

Phil G

Back to top Go down

Post  doogle Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:21 am

The more I think about it the more I am coming round to an 'EVO' class. And stick the Rotax's in with them result wise.
BUT: Would clubs like Mortimer and Pre 65 want to play ball, and how on earth do you police it?
A starting point would be no modern short stroke four strokes (KTM, Yam etc.), limit the two stroke single capacity to 620, which lets in mid nineties Zabels but no later. They are easy to spot if you know what to look for.Two stroke twins would be free for obvious reasons. Dating chassis would be harder though, and where do you stop?Pre 90, pre 95?
And lets face it a 1995 Zabel BSU 620 would destroy a big Yam everywhere.
Would there be to much de ja vue for folk to cope with, the strokers killing off the big twins, AGAIN?
doogle
doogle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next