TWINSHOCK-CHAIRS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sidecar Reunion

3 posters

Go down

Sidecar Reunion Empty Sidecar Reunion

Post  Lodekka Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:08 pm

A message to you all from Pete White: -

Here is something for you boys from the past!

A Sidecar Reunion

The other day I called into Carswell Golf & Country Club, which is where the Metisse factory is situated, to see if we could hold a reunion there.
It is off of the A420 Oxford to Swindon road, the Oxford side of Farringdon.
The venue can cater for 150 people, however this would be approximately 35 teams if you include mechanics etc, so it might be that we would have to have three 'get togethers' with overlapping dates.

At the moment my thought pattern for the three groups is:-
The heavyweight 4 stroke era of the 50's and 60's
The 60's into the 70's
The 70's to 1986.

The date for the first 'get together' could be 2nd November 2013 and a buffet can be laid on at £5 per head.

I have some phone numbers to contact people but not all of you, so if you either think or definately know that I do not have your contact number, then please leave a reply on here so as I can start to 'put the wheels in motions'.

End of Petes' message

Pete is able to access the site, so will be able to see your replies and we phone each other regularly, so I can also make sure he is up to date with your replies.

Regards

Lodekka
Lodekka
Lodekka

Back to top Go down

Post  Lodekka Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:33 pm

Just been chatting with Pete White and the provisional date for the first reunion is 2nd November 2013.
If you are interested, please leave a message for Pete to pick up on here or PM me with your details and I will forward them on to him.
Lodekka
Lodekka

Back to top Go down

Sidecar Reunion Empty Re: Sidecar Reunion

Post  sidekick39ish Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:52 pm

Right. just a quick reminder to you all.

If you know anyone or the where about`s of any ex drivers or passengers. Plz contact pete white or this site . perhaps they do not have internet, perhaps they don`t read this great site.

Pete has put a lot of effort into organising this reunion.

happy days . Sidecar Reunion 102835 
sidekick39ish
sidekick39ish
Admin

http://twinshock-chairs.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  olive114 Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:15 pm

more info please-does this include Terry and myself? Who,what,where when and why type thing though know some of those answers already!!xx
olive114
olive114

Back to top Go down

Post  Lodekka Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:45 pm

Hi Olive 114
I have pm'd you with Petes contact number.
Regards
Lodekka
Lodekka
Lodekka

Back to top Go down

Post  olive114 Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:49 pm

Yes,thanks,got it.x
olive114
olive114

Back to top Go down

Post  Lodekka Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:47 pm

A quick message on behalf of Pete White: -

Despite the poor weather conditions on Saturday, eighty members of sidecar 'crews' covering the period from 1953 to 1966 attended the first reunion and a good time was had by all.

The next 'Sidecar Reunion' is already booked for the 1st March 2014, same place, same time and will cover from 1966 onwards.

Pete appreciates that there will be a certain amount of overlap in these years, so if you would like to attend then please contact him direct or leave a PM for me on here and I will forward your details on.

The venue can cater for 150 people so if you get your names in as soon as possible it would help Pete to sort the necessary arrangements out well before the day.
Lodekka
Lodekka

Back to top Go down

Post  Lodekka Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:27 pm

Just been chatting to Pete White and he will be contacting those of you that he has telephone numbers for regarding the next reunion on the 1st March 2014.
It is at the same place, same time and this second reunion will cater for those riding from 1966/1967 onwards but Pete has said that this is not a date that is 'set in stone', so if you rode before that date you are more than welcome to attend.
Fred Smallbone has already booked his flight from Canada and is one of the first on the list of attendees.
If you are not sure that Pete has got your contact details or want his details in order to contact him, PM me and I will organise things as required.
Regards
Lodekka
Lodekka
Lodekka

Back to top Go down

Post  Lodekka Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:39 pm

The second Sidecar Reunion took place last night at the Carswell Golf & Country Club and as with the first one held in November last year, conversation flowed throughout the evening between drivers and passengers, some of whom had not seen one another for many years.
At one point there was quite a crowd at the bar, however they were not waiting to be served but were gathered around a laptop computer looking at photographs of themselves 'in racing action' contained on an aptly named 'memory stick' that had been brought along.
The next reunion is on the 1st November 2014 at the same place, Carswell Golf & Country Club which is on the A420 near Farringdon. Time 6pm to midnight, so if you would like to attend either leave a message for Pete White to pick up from this site or 'pm' me with your details and I will forward them onto him.
Lodekka
Lodekka

Back to top Go down

Post  Lodekka Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:42 pm

I had a chat with Pete White last night and he has asked me to give you all a gentle reminder that the next Sidecar Reunion will be held on the 1st November 2014 at the same venue as before, the Carswell Golf & Country Club on the A420 near Farringdon.
Over the next couple of weeks he will be phoning those of you who he has contact numbers for, but if you would like to attend and either you do not have Petes contact details or you think that he does not have your,s then contact me through a pm on this site.
Lodekka
Lodekka

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum