TWINSHOCK-CHAIRS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pre 65 club have put me straight.

2 posters

Go down

Pre 65 club have put me straight. Empty Pre 65 club have put me straight.

Post  sidekick39ish Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:21 pm

I have had to remove my last comments regarding the pre 65 club and being a member for fear of "the horses head"

Please see a statment issued by a club member .
hope this clarifies things.

Just reading through the recent hate mail regarding the Pre-65 Motocross Club and from the comments in the latest thread accusing us of profiteering from non-members.
Having only been a member of the Club for the last 5 years or so and now a member of what you believe to be the richest branch of the mafia/committee in the country, I'm not sure where this hatred comes from, but can I please try to put a few things straight if you will permit me:
1. Yes we do charge a £5 'guest' membership for the day BUT only for those NOT in possession of an AMCA licence and NOT already a member of the Pre-65 Club AND who are therefore required to apply for a day licence in order to ride. That is why it is only mentioned in the Day Licence section of the Regs. A little confusing you may say, but its been like this for years and most entrants do not seem to have misunderstood it.
2. Rotax, EML etc - Again, over the past few years the Club has tried to remove as many 'Pre-65 Club unique' eligibility requirements and to fall in line with the eligibility of the AMCA rule book for any machine entered whether it needs an extra wheel or not. The sidecar entry and the Championship held at our events is organised by the Sidecar fraternity of the Club and so should you have issues, please talk to them rather than simply tarring the whole Club with the same brush as us ignorant 2 wheelers haven't got a clue what you're on about but they have, and the Sidecar representation on the Committee will then bring it up at a Committee meeting for discussion.
3. We are not anti-sidecar. We want a healthy sidecar entry, but we also have to recognise all of our members wants, not just one part. I'm sure you can understand that when only 3 or 4 sidecars have entered by the closing date for an event (a happened 5 times last year), or as with the last meeting of the year, 11 entered but only 5 turned up and only 2 went out in the last race, its hard to support you when we could easily fill another 5 races with solo machines.
4. Less but longer races are under discussion and will be voted on in a democratic manner at our AGM, but again it needs recognising the effects on all members not just the sidecars and even within the sidecars, do they all want it? Yes the faster crews may want it, but what about those who ride at a more leisurely pace, is it really fair on them when they now get lapped possibly twice in a race by the 'superstars' effectively giving them 12 laps for the day. All entrants at our events have a base entitlement of 20 laps (5 x 4 laps as it currently stands). If we now change only for one group, then for example the programme layout will be completely screwed as we try to space all races as evenly as possible to give all a break and now one group having 3 races when all the rest have 5 doesn't help do that. If that means as Blobby suggests the first, the middle and the last of the day in order to space things out fairly for all, will you accept that or again expect change to suit?
5. If we do change for what appears to be the minority who want this, will we really get more sidecar entries? Reading through your Forum, many of the events you all rave about are at the same time as ours, so for example faced with the choice of the Ken Hall or us where are you going? I think we all know the answer to that and if that repeatedly happens and results in a suggestions of no longer having a sidecar class, is that really fair on those few crew who support all of our meetings?
As I previously said, we are not anti-sidecar. All we want is a healthy entry for all at our events so that we can all enjoy our sport. Last season we were one of the only Clubs to run virtually all of our events resulting in all our solo classes being full or even over-subscribed but even then the sidecar entries were not or on the odd occasion when it was, it would appear we were simply used as an alternative by crews who were covering themselves in case their intended meeting was cancelled and so did not appear.
Thanks for your time
mr. xxxxx
sidekick39ish
sidekick39ish
Admin

http://twinshock-chairs.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Pre 65 club have put me straight. Empty Re: Pre 65 club have put me straight.

Post  blobby Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:30 pm

Pre 65 club have put me straight. 61837

Last edited by blobby on Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
blobby
blobby

Back to top Go down

Post  blobby Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:32 pm

shame such an eloquent reply should be marked by annonimity mr xxxx, as an at present none club member (was for over 20 years) including clerk of the course and secretary duties probably put more posts in than some.

dont be shy

mr blobby aka ian bennett sidecar no 4 :??<<:
blobby
blobby

Back to top Go down

Post  sidekick39ish Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:55 pm

Any sensible if possible solutions or ideas for the pre 65 club to attract more sidecars to there meeting. Shocked

And as we all now know. The committee do watch and read this Free forum. Razz

Pre 65 club have put me straight. 102835
sidekick39ish
sidekick39ish
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  blobby Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:27 pm

There never will be a real solution it's alway's been a problem in the past some meeting's /track's just do not attract riders in quantity or quality hope mr XXX gets realected at the agm at least he is trying.

mr blobby Pre 65 club have put me straight. 684562
blobby
blobby

Back to top Go down

Post  sidekick39ish Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:17 pm

Have been told that all pre 65 sidecar meetings will now be 4 races of 6 laps. Razz Razz Razz

So get your entrys in for the first twinshock meeting of 2013 . 3rd march. marks tey.

Pre 65 club have put me straight. 102835
sidekick39ish
sidekick39ish
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down