TWINSHOCK-CHAIRS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Christmas Cracker classic scramble

4 posters

Go down

The Christmas Cracker classic scramble Empty The Christmas Cracker classic scramble

Post  sidekick39ish Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:29 pm

Yes. its christmas in marks tey today. !!!!
Weather held off, mild and very dry.
Was a sham , the sidecar turnout was on the slim side. only 7 outfits in total.
four race of four laps.
race 1. Holeshot from keith pattison/sid mullens,(4 races) but all very tight into the first corner, except the tallanted mr Mallows/dave Keane who gave us all a half lap start. (in every race) The perfect Gent.
results race 1. 1st. Nat seeley/Graham Eastall. 2nd. keith Pattison/sid mullens. 3rd. Jamie nelson/Tess collier. 4th . shaun mallows/Dave Keane.
race 2. 1st. Pattison/Mullens. 2nd. Sealey/Eastall. 3rd. Mallows/Keane. 4th. Nelson/Collier.
race 3. 1st. Mallows/Keane. 2nd. Pattison/Mullens. 3rd. Nelson/Collier.
race 4. 1st. Mallows/Keane. 2nd. Pattison/mullens. 3rd. Ray Tawn/Steve Tawn.

I think thats correct unless you know differant. ??

Dont forget Binstead. twinshocks. 20th nov. regs available.

The Christmas Cracker classic scramble 102835
sidekick39ish
sidekick39ish
Admin

http://twinshock-chairs.webs.com

Back to top Go down

The Christmas Cracker classic scramble Empty Re: The Christmas Cracker classic scramble

Post  Dave Tye Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:30 pm

Hi Folks,

It looked like fun times out on the track, the slim entry was sadly due to a large amount of injuries to the regular pre65 crews. At one point I think there was a total of 4 local drivers all stood together watching, unable to race for various reasons. Hopefully this will all be sorted out ready for next season.

Cheers

Dave
Dave Tye
Dave Tye

http://www.davetye.com

Back to top Go down

The Christmas Cracker classic scramble Empty Re: The Christmas Cracker classic scramble

Post  sidekick39ish Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:18 pm

Perhaps if the club relaxed its strict rules and attitude towards sidecars. they might get alot more entry`s . The rest of the uk and Europe seem to have a more relaxed and friendly approch when it comes to the rules. This might reflect on there good entry`s .
And yes i am aware of the injuries and breakdowns. this can not be helped.
A few people were also put off by the lack of laps per race. (4) . Thought the club opted for 6 lap race`s at the beginning of the year.
Saying all that. (mostly comments from peeps that do not want to be named) it was a good meeting.
Wait for it. Wooooooooooooooop. can someone take the knife out my back. LOL.

sidekick39ish
sidekick39ish
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  blobby Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:39 am

16 laps works out about £3.00 a lap bit much, we have found the pre 65 club a bit awkward this year with stroppy officials Twisted Evil new rules, mysteriousley dissapearing entries, Sad when it suited (we are not the only ones) so not worth the aggravation, could be us but who knows sidecars do not seem as welcome as they where get in the way of the greeves championship i expect The Christmas Cracker classic scramble 312295 any one want a norton wasp cheap The Christmas Cracker classic scramble 764344
happy xmas No 4 the blobbs The Christmas Cracker classic scramble 681261
blobby
blobby

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Tye Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:42 am

Hi Folks,

Many of the races have been 5 laps this year... 6 was the decision at the start of the year, but the total was dropped during the season at the request of the majority of crews who regularly support the clubs meetings. Not ideal, but hard to give the club grief for listening to the riders.

Agreed the rules are strictly adhered to, but with the exception of the Rotax ban they seem to be following the AMCA rule book. Not saying I agree with the AMCA rule book either, but perhaps if it were updated by the AMCA those who are more fastidious in enforcing the rules would be more open to the other sidecars riding? (Just a thought).

Given AGM time is approaching can anyone give me some examples of what are not allowed to ride that I could follow up with the committee giving specific examples?

The missing entries issue earlier in the year was indeed unfortunate, it appeared to affect a number of sidecar competitors (including the club chairman, whose entry was received, but after the closing date). However, other than this one off I have not heard of other problems? (Again, some examples could be good for me to follow up). Please note the solo entry was also affected so I don't think we can claim persecution! ;-)

I am planning on attending some committee meetings and perhaps the AGM in the coming months so happy to put any points suggestions forward.

This year has been a funny one for the club as far as sidecars go, exceptional entries at some meetings and a good time had by all (First of the year for example seemed a good event). Other times low entries due to injury/clashes/weddings/mechanical issues etc, you name it, it seems to have happened!

To be fair to the club they have had a recent working party to help open up the new Gosfield track to allow sidecars for the 2012 meeting there. This was attended by several of the clubs sidecar crews who helped advise on sidecar friendly layouts... Generally I think the club is sidecar friendly although as with anything I am sure there are always a few who feel differently.

The support of Sidecars by the club is a catch 22 situation, if Sidecars support the club I am sure the club will respond in kind, whilst I am not sure of the Rotax situation being resolved in the near future (as most engines being used fall outside the permitted age range I believe) there may be other suggestions we can use to start the ball rolling…
Just my perceptions, now awaiting the hail of abuse ;-)

Cheers

Dave
Dave Tye
Dave Tye

http://www.davetye.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Twinshock 10 Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:00 pm

Dave - can I just say that it is a joy (regardless of content) to read a post that is without fault in terms of both grammar and spelling.
Please apply for the post of moderator.
Merry Christmas all
xx

Last edited by Twinshock 10 on Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Twinshock 10
Twinshock 10

Back to top Go down

Post  sidekick39ish Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:56 pm

haha huckin yell. r u triing two saa that tha admin kan knot sphel. Mr pittursin. ???????
sidekick39ish
sidekick39ish
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down