TWINSHOCK-CHAIRS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marks tey. last of year.

4 posters

Go down

Marks tey. last of year. Empty Marks tey. last of year.

Post  sidekick39ish Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:28 pm

Cold night, frost sunday morning, A lot of standing water but it was dry. The track was slippery but very ridable. and it soon dryed out , making it faster and faster as the day went on.
4 races, including a final for the xmas turkey.
15 outfits entered.
Mr Morris back on a big Yam Wasp. Sean mallows giving everyone the gate then making it look so easy. Fare play to him, some great safe riding.
Charlie and the boys traveled all the way up from dartmouth. (6hr.) now thats dedication. plus the boys had a great ride with dad spannering.
Only sidecar casulty was neil aldridge/Richard Brinsden trying to outjump them selfs and landing bigtime on the front wheel breaking the handle bars and there pride.
Kimble/Leask were back to there normal form, holeshoting and making it hard for the big boys.
Cole/snell had a great ride, taking into account it was the first time Zac had ridden in a race. Its in the blood (dad & uncle)
not sure of the results, but think overall was Mallows/Dunkley. Kimble/Leask. Barker/Potter. chivers/chivers. Morris/snell. Tye/Tye. If i`m wrong, (probibly) someone plz correct it.

All finished and loaded before 3-00. Marks tey. last of year. 102835
sidekick39ish
sidekick39ish
Admin

http://twinshock-chairs.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Marks tey. last of year. Empty Re: Marks tey. last of year.

Post  Dave Tye Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:52 pm

Sounds about right to me... Great day, nice layout with what was available and tidy weather for the time of year, although a little erm... Brisk!

Good job by the club to get all running smoothly and we had a great time too... Was nice to see so many of the more distant teams heading down our way, some good close racing with very little to pick between the teams from fourth to about eighth I think... Very flattered to see our names in there in the results, especially as we were out for a final engine test prior to season end which got a bit more serious as the day progressed! Had some good battles with team chivers and loved every second of it (apart from the large quantities of mud they through at us!)

Messurs Mallows/Dunkley continue to make the rest of us mere mortals seem like we are moving backwards, but is amazing to watch. Paul Morris was on better and better form with the Yam, I believe in race 2 he had a passenger switch with Mr Skinner and came through with ease to the top three with Kate looking very good on the side. (Spent the last two laps trying to catch back up to them and get past to no avail!)

My only query on the results was where abouts did Mr Barker come in the results? Ivan had a couple of good rides in races 3 & 4, I am suprised he didn't feature above us....

Look forward to seeing you all again next season as we are now done for 2010. Chris and I hope to do some more distant tracks next season as well as the Pre65 Club meets, so hope to catch up with you all out there.

Cheers

Dave
Dave Tye
Dave Tye

http://www.davetye.com

Back to top Go down

Marks tey. last of year. Empty marks tey

Post  ross chivers Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:24 pm

was brilliant meeting, well worth the long trip up from devon.
had some good scraps and the brother did well in the chair.

see most of u at binstead in a few weeks!
ross chivers
ross chivers

Back to top Go down

Marks tey. last of year. Empty marks tey

Post  stars Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:38 pm

just a few words from myself and spike, an absolutely brilliant time, all the races finished by twenty to three due to starting at 9.45 and only having a short break, why cant we get cracking like this all the time? there might be more help with track removal if we get finished at a decent time.
anyway thanks to perry for supporting us we were amazed to get a fourth place trophy must be turtle and hare story.
also many thanks to dave metcalf for looking after all of us for another year and i cant wait for next year.
good wishes to you all untill we start again,

stars

Back to top Go down

Marks tey. last of year. Empty Re: Marks tey. last of year.

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum