TWINSHOCK-CHAIRS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Info on French meetings.

+4
blobby
shepherd
Twinshock 10
sidekick39ish
8 posters

Go down

Info on French meetings. Empty Info on French meetings.

Post  sidekick39ish Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:55 am

Hello,

You'll find some french dates to ride side-car in France:

http://www.afamclassic.com/calendrier.htm

All meetings don't accept side-cars. Only the ones below would accept you :

- Verdun (55)
- Ramonchamp (88)
- Dalhain (57)
- Bougneau (17)
- Corbarieu (82) no need for AMCA licence
- Lezat sur Leze (09), no need for AMCA licence
- Canehan (76) near Dieppe
- Javron les chapelles (53)

We should have 2 more meetings :
- Belleme (61) on 22nd of august : FFM day licences required, but the club should pay for that
- Beauval en caux (76) beginning of October????

AMCA licences will be required for all UFOLEP meetings.

What to say :
Verdun : best race of France, nice track, nice atmosphere
Ramonchamp : far away, narrow track, good atmosphere
Dalhain : quite good, usually only few side-cars
Bougneau : great but far away (not far from Bordeaux)
Corbarieu : don't know, too far for us
Lezat sur leze : don't know, too far for us
Canehan : good, track a bit narrow, close from Dieppe, but may be on same day than Ken Hall and pre65 Maylandsea
Javron : nearly 30 bikes last year. All franch riders will be there. Track a bit narrow

Belleme : don't know, first time they organise for classic side-cars.
Beauval : will happen??? close from Dieppe, Very famous organisation.

Don't hesitate to ask for more information. I'll tell all english riders that AMCA licences are compulsory to come to UFOLEP licences. They might come without any licence, but I can not garantee the clubs will let them ride. AMCA can provide day licences to ride on UFOLEP meetings.

Before any english rider would buy a ferry ticket, I would advise to call me first on 0033 1 48 06 59 63 or contact me on gsacchettini@yahoo.fr. I would make sure the entry is ok.

I've been told Verdun might be postponed to September. I don't believe it, but I would make sure before somebody buys a ferry ticket.

See you soon. Germain.
sidekick39ish
sidekick39ish
Admin

http://twinshock-chairs.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Info on French meetings. Empty Bonjour mes amis

Post  Twinshock 10 Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:23 pm

Well done for putting this info up Kev.
Wouldn't it be good if we could pick a suitably close French meeting so that a number of us could enter an Equipe Anglaise (English Team) and make a weekend of it.
Perhaps Germain could advise the best event - I wouldn't mind co-ordinating things this end.
How about it Germain ? Do call me on 0044 771 547406
KP
Twinshock 10
Twinshock 10

Back to top Go down

Info on French meetings. Empty Re: Info on French meetings.

Post  shepherd Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:35 pm

Also a meeting at Neuvilly (59) on 13 June

If anyone would like to do a French meeting and/or have a holiday/need a base, give us a shout, we are in Dordogne (24) Info on French meetings. 43877
shepherd
shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post  blobby Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:48 am

Beauval is a must if its on could do some others as well need a break... Info on French meetings. 102835
blobby
blobby

Back to top Go down

Info on French meetings. Empty Hard work to say what is the best

Post  gsacchettini Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:57 am

Hi,

I'm going to call the Verdun's organisation. This should be on the 29th/30th may. To me, this is for sure the best meeting of France.

I'm not sure The Neuvilly's club will accept chairs...

Canehan will be on the last week-end of august, so same date than Ken Hall and best Maylandsea week-end of the year (I like the swim on that meeting). I don't think you will go there.

Blobby is right: Beauval is a must. If it is on, and if you have a british engine (No Yamaha at Beauval). After so many years of inactivity, it will be intersting to know how many riders will come there.

So the last one might be Javron-les-chapelles. It is always nice to have two series of side-cars. Short practice on saturday usually. Lot of riders. Depending on what you expect. You must know the track is a bit narrow, we will be a lot on the start line, and nobody wants a crash! All french riders will be there. You should be able to find somebody to have a good ride there. Atmosphere is really good, with a nice evening on the saturday. Javron is a nice meeting regarding the atmosphere.

Anyway, I'll call Verdun within few days to know. I should be with Dad at the pre65 next week-end at Maylandsea (2nd may) and Marks-Tey 11th July. Don't hesitate to speak to me about a ride in France. I'll be pleased to help if I can.

There should be a "Wasp" or "Norton" emoticon.

Germain

gsacchettini

Back to top Go down

Post  gsacchettini Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:16 pm

Hello,

Just to say that Verdun is cancelled on the 29th/30th of may. They may run a meeting in september or october.

gsacchettini

Back to top Go down

Info on French meetings. Empty Not so good this year in France

Post  gsacchettini Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:57 am

Hello every one,

I spoke to some french organisators last week-end. It won't be as good this year.

Verdun : which is, to me, the best meeting of France is cancelled in 2010. The track must be modified for public security... No meeting in 2010. Shame... Should be on next year.

Beauval en Caux : a must, no side-cars there until we can find 10 or 12 outfits powered by British engines... Don't think we could find them.

Close from England, we have 2 meetings :
- Canehan (76, near Dieppe) on the 29th of August
- Javron (53 near Alençon) on the 12th of September : 2 series, nearly 30 french riders there. Lovely atmosphere. Track is a bit narrow for side-cars. We usually spend a good week-end there.

Let me know if you would like to enter one of this meeting.

Best regards
Germain

gsacchettini

Back to top Go down

Post  Twinshock 10 Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:04 pm

Well, I don't know about everyone else but shouldn't we plan a trip to Javron on 11th/12th September ?
It's about a 2 hour drive from Le Havre or Caen in the direction of Le Mans.

Register your interest here by posting a reply

KP

PS Obviously Longmore will say yes then bottle it at the last minute !!!!!

:
Twinshock 10
Twinshock 10

Back to top Go down

Post  sidekick39ish Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:17 pm

sounds good kp. I`ll g up master kimble/Larrence/wells. Info on French meetings. 102835
will also put the word around at weekend.
do we know if there is a max number, as it would appear they get 30 plus already without a UK invastion.
better look at crossings. viva la france.
ps. longmore bottle it at the last minute. NEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. affraid
sidekick39ish
sidekick39ish
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sidekick39ish Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:34 pm

Just need to sort cheap crossing.
think portsmouth is out, £275 plus. might be cheaper to go dover and drive down. any ideas kp ????????????????? :\\
sidekick39ish
sidekick39ish
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twinshock 10 Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:53 pm

I haven't done the ferry research yet but Pompey crossings are notoriously long/expensive so the Dover route may have to be the way. Possibly Newhaven - Dieppe with LD Lines ?
Careful with Mr Lawrence - it does sound a bit like a " fakkin' goat track " ! Or as he'll probably say " la piste de chèvre de merde " !
Twinshock 10
Twinshock 10

Back to top Go down

Post  sidekick39ish Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:06 pm

calais to javron . 407 km. approx 4 hr. with them miles, it better be a frickin good goat track. another 3 hr to dover from here. mind you the euro is getting better, almost 1.20 now.
must be a cheaper way to france. Shocked
Mr harker can walk on water, perhaps he could teach us how. lol!
sidekick39ish
sidekick39ish
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twinshock 10 Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:16 pm

Just priced Newhaven to Dieppe with motorhome and trailer with LD at £177
However the sailings are not frequent so it's a case of out on Friday and back Monday.
I seem to remember looking into this last year and it wasn't easy to find a convenient/sensible crossing
I'll keep on looking

http://book.ldlines.co.uk/quote/booking/AFRYBook2.asp?A=A&SD=93443300214420100609130550
Twinshock 10
Twinshock 10

Back to top Go down

Post  maguire322 Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:38 pm

Morning all!

Us maguire's are intrested in going but all depends on the price (like it always does), how much would it cost to enter the meeting itself?

Tilo #322
maguire322
maguire322

Back to top Go down

Post  shepherd Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:38 pm

Hey there ya'all

Regs are not out yet but last year was 12 euro entry.

The sidecar class was pre 1980 and as my wasp is 1977 I may volunteer for scrutineering to make sure all sidecars are indeed pre 80 ha ha bloody ha, especially the twinshocks with only one shock affraid

Hope to see ya'all in Sept
shepherd
shepherd

Back to top Go down

Info on French meetings. Empty yes please!!

Post  Leigh Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:12 pm

Me and dad would like to enter please, seen some videos on you tube..doesnt look overly technical but fast...sounds right up my street!!! is the entry spec seriously pre 80 not 84?? im sure an 83 would fly through scruitineering wouldnt it Ivan!!!! Wink

Leigh

Back to top Go down

Info on French meetings. Empty 83 ???

Post  adam Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:37 pm

83 young Leigh?????? Info on French meetings. 61837
adam
adam

Back to top Go down

Post  shepherd Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:57 pm

Info on French meetings. Icon_lol Nothing to do with me Missy Leigh, just messin with ya'll
Here's last years regs, make of them what you will, im sure Germain will keep us right.

Bulletin d’engagement au moto cross et side-car cross à l’ancienne
du 13 septembre 2009
Montant de l’inscription et règlement à retourner à l’ordre de « Javron Véhicules Anciens » (The inscription
and payment turn over with to order of Javron véhicules anciens).
Les inscriptions seront considérées définitives après règlement total (The inscription will be considered after the
payment).Les inscriptions reçues après le 31 août 2009 ne seront plus acceptées. (Please send back engagement
and payment before 31/08/09)
A renvoyer pour confirmation d’engagement avec le règlement à :
Mr BELLIOT Alain –La fosse-53250 Javron les chapelles  02-43-03-88-16
CATEGORIE
 4 temps « bloc moteur » avant 1970 cotisation : 10€
 2 temps 250 à 400 cm³ avant 1973 cotisation : 10€ N°Course souhaité ...............
 4 temps « boîte séparée » avant 1965 cotisation : 10€
 Side-car avant 1980 cotisation : 12€
MOTO
Marque (brand) ................................................................. Cylindrée (rolled) .............................................................
Type (type) ........................................................................ Année (years) ...................................................................
PILOTE
Nom (Name) ...................................................................... Prénom (First name) ........................................................
Adresse (full address) ..................................................................................................................................................
Ville (town) ....................................................................... Code postal (Code) ...........................................................
Tél (phone) ........................................................................ Date de naissance (date of birth) ......................................
N° licence UFOLEP .......................................................... N° licence AMCA ............................................................
N° licence NCA ................................................................. N°licence NCB .................................................................
Club ...................................................................................
PASSAGER
Nom (Name) ...................................................................... Prénom (First name) ........................................................
Adresse (full address) ..................................................................................................................................................
.....................................................................................................................................................................................
Ville (town) ....................................................................... Code postal (Code) ...........................................................
Tél (phone) ........................................................................ Date de naissance (date of birth) ......................................
N° licence UFOLEP .......................................................... N° licence AMCA ............................................................
N° licence NCA ................................................................. N°licence NCB .................................................................
Club ...................................................................................
Un repas est proposé le samedi soir (12/09/09) sur le terrain, sur inscription. Ne sera pri en compte que les
repas réservé et payé sur cette feuille. Aucune inscription sur place ne sera acceptée (gestion trop
compliquée). (A meal is proposed on Saturday evening on the ground without forget your inscription
contribution).
Nombre de repas (number of meal)
Nombre adultes (adult) ………X 15€ = ----------€
Nombre enfants (-12 ans) (children) ………X 7€ = ---------- €
Total = €
ATTENTION
Le pilote s’engage à avoir une licence en cours (un contrôle des licences et de casques sera
effectué, un autre sur la machine). JVA décline toute responsabilité en cas d’incident.
Je déclare avoir lu et je respecterai le règlement UFOLEP.
Signature :
shepherd
shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post  sidekick39ish Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:44 am

Think we all need the rules verified before we make the trip. Shocked Long way to go and not get a ride because we have a modern twinshock or one shock or wrong engine etc. might even be restrictions on drivers Razz No beards, too heavy, too light, too young, too old, too inteligent, etc. cyclops
sidekick39ish
sidekick39ish
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twinshock 10 Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:55 am

Don't forget - this is the French

They love their rules and regulations

Help us find a way forward Germain !!
Twinshock 10
Twinshock 10

Back to top Go down

Post  shepherd Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:14 am

I dont believe there will be a problem with machines.
Take a look at pictures from last year and see what raced, they even have those twinshocks with one shock.
I'm expecting the 85 lightweight EML Rotax mono to be there this year.
Info on French meetings. Lol
http://oldsidecarcross.com/phovi/javron2009/contact_1.htm
shepherd
shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down