TWINSHOCK-CHAIRS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wasp identification

4 posters

Go down

Wasp identification Empty Wasp identification

Post  shepherd Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:56 pm

Hello, good evening and welcome

I’m hoping you good people can help me out here, as I get older I seem to remember less and less, so to my questions.
I’m trying to figure out years/models of wasp frames.
Over the years I raced I owned a few models but for the life of me cannot remember model No's.
I’m sure my first wasp was RT2, I think there was an RT15 and my last was RT22? But there were several in between which are modeless to my mind.
Looking at pictures on this site and elsewhere I’m confused as it seems most have newer "Turkey" tanks fitted, now are these standard or a later addition.
I had a wasp identical to Marc Thorne's 1979 model except for the tank, but what model is it? I now own an RT17 identical to Chris Batt's Triumph, but what year is it.
So many questions that I should know answers to but alas, the gray stuff is leaking fast.

Many thanks
Le Shepherd
shepherd
shepherd

Back to top Go down

Wasp identification Empty Wasp ID

Post  sidecar_passenger Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:38 pm

If you mail wasp with the frame number they will have records of it.What year it was built. Who first bought it, what engine was fitted. I found them more than happy to let me know
email address is :- rob@rhind-tutt6362.fsnet.co.uk
sidecar_passenger
sidecar_passenger

Back to top Go down

Wasp identification Empty wasp models

Post  marcsnorton Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:17 pm

greetings le shep , just read your queries about wasp frame numbers and models my 79 is a RT 1 frame according to the number ????

marcsnorton

Back to top Go down

Wasp identification Empty Re: Wasp identification

Post  shepherd Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:35 pm

Hi Marc

Thanks for taking time to reply, how strange there's no number on your frame (must of been a monday morning job :) )
How do you know its 1979? not that I doubt it as mine was same, I just got to wondering what years models were made, as said before i now have RT17 which i think should be older than yours but I could be wrong (again)

Cheers
Le Shepherd
shepherd
shepherd

Back to top Go down

Wasp identification Empty identification

Post  marcsnorton Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:47 pm

Bonjour Le Shep , just read your last msg the frame is definately a 79 with a 83 lump it was built by Lord Coates about 10 years ago for Nick Thomson to ride at Fox and Hounds cancer charity meeting i will get the whole frame number from the ol chap maybe this will help identify what model a 79 was . Cheers for now Marc .

marcsnorton

Back to top Go down

Post  shepherd Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:00 am

Bonjour Marc

Cheers mate and when you speak to dave tell him the Tow Law boys send regards

Merci beaucoup
bonne journée

Le Shepherd
shepherd
shepherd

Back to top Go down

Wasp identification Empty frame i.d

Post  marcsnorton Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:20 am

greetings le shep , the frame is a 79 rt 17 hope this settles your questions ? bye for now

marcsnorton

Back to top Go down

Post  nige&jane Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:34 am

wasp numbers such as rt 27 etc does not relate to the year it was made,its the chassis id for style of chassis and the motor it was intended for,you can go to wasp and have a new rt2 chassis made today but that does not make it a 1972. im not up on all chassis but i know a 24 or 27 was for a yam motor,the 24s bottem frame rails curve round the motor,the 27s are straight,that is the diffenence with them, a b means it was a yam chassis,an a means norton,if thers a z then this means it was made with an airbag rear end. a 26 or 33 was a wasp wasp chassis. theres afew chassis out there with some different numbers that were made to take motors the customer wanted wasp to make a chassis for,the only way of knowing there year of make and the motor they were made for is to ring wasp, he even knows the customer it was made for.
nige&jane
nige&jane

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down