TWINSHOCK-CHAIRS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TWINSHOCK TWOSTROKE?

+9
blobby
sidecargezzer
shepherd
doogle
sidekick39ish
nige&jane
adam
olive114
papsck
13 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

TWINSHOCK TWOSTROKE? - Page 3 Empty Re: TWINSHOCK TWOSTROKE?

Post  doogle Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:35 pm

Tucker has a lovely 1000 Yam Wasp for sale, but you know Tuck it won't be cheap.
It took me 5 years to find a Yam EML worth buying, always wanted one since seeing Doug Fox's first EML as a misty eyed teenager.
doogle
doogle

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Tye Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:47 am

Mallows wrote:Where are all the Yams and Nortons then ? I've been to watch at Marks Tey a few times this year, and am thinkig of getting an outfit, but there doesn't seem to be any about for sale, so it does make it a bit difficult to say that rotax engines cant be used when there is a shortage of the big twins.If there is a load of Yam Wasps out there for sale i stand corrected, so let me know!

Fair point, if there is nothing about to buy then you can't expect people to run them. (I have no idea on bike availability, but am guessing they are not exactly 10 a penny right now). How much advantage does a Rotax give? (Have no idea, have never ridden one!) and what are the differences in spec of available engines?

Could a basic rule or top end specification/cc limit for rotax help and open up the class to more without giving anyone too big an advantage? (lets face it, for most of us mere mortals the actual bikes are far more capable than we are!)

Am sure the majority are looking to just get out for a bit of fun and not seeking an unfair advantage, although there are always those who will push the rules if there is a grey area.

Anyhow, this is one for the organisers to have a think on, but if standard rules could be reached it would make life a lot better for everyone. (Am sure the biggest concern is people turning up with "Lightweight 2-Stroke Single" engines or bikes far too modern for the class more than anything else).

Think we all need to accept that those who are fast will be fast whatever they ride, and whilst there may be a slight advatage in one setup over another as long as the basics are enforced it won't make that much difference.

Cheers

Dave
Dave Tye
Dave Tye

http://www.davetye.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sidekick39ish Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:11 pm

Have to fully agree with your last point there dave. can remember a few years ago (long time) paul morris turning up at farliegh castle, with a bog standard 650 yam engine, no cluch conversion or anything, and he walked the meeting, won the lot. all the big engines etc never stood a chance.
so its got nothing to do with paul being on a rotax, he`s just quick fullstop.
when the pre 65 club let him ride last year (nov) it was great to watch, he started at the back for 3 races, letting them all go, then just worked his way through, made some good racing and safe.
sidekick39ish
sidekick39ish
Admin

http://twinshock-chairs.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3